Sunday, December 1, 2019

La lumière de mes pas

Since the lectionary started over with series A, I'm entering a new phase of a project I started three years ago.  I'd been following along with the readings in German, but now I'm switching to French.  The three-language (German, French, and English) edition of the Bible I've been using has only the New Testament (translated by a Louis Segond), so - as with the German - I'll be missing out on the Old Testament readings.  I'll probably be able to read most of the Psalms though because I also have a copy of Concordia Publishing House's Liturgies et cantiques Luthériens, which is essentially the French version of The Lutheran Service Book and which contains some Psalms.

My original plan was to move on to the next language I started learning every time the lectionary starts over.  If I continue to follow this, I'll be starting the Latin Vulgate three years from now, but first I have to obtain a copy.